April 29, 2016

Decor || Up and Coming

Via Domino

I know it's been a long time coming, but I just saw this as an opportunity to slowly make my way back into blogging or casual blogging as I call it. So I was very excited when I read on Laurel & Wolf about the newest trend of banana/palm leaf print and couldn't stop thinking of all the possiblities. With them being an online interior design company I was inspired to create a virtual room that reflected my first thought of this fun pattern...retro!

$650 | Rockwell Sofa | Charcoal Heather | Target.com
$18 | Pillow Cover | Tommy Bahama Swaying Palms | KathleenAnnHome
$9.99 |  Velvet Throw Pillow | 18" Spicy Orange | World Market
$89 |  Plum & Bow Tia Mark Making Printed Rug | 5x7 Gold | Urban Outfitters
$4.68 | Banana Leaf Digital Print | 11x14 | TheHomeGirlsEtsy
$31.50 | Ampersand Hand Embroidered Hoop Art | Flamingersand | MCreativeJ
$39 | Wilder California Beverly Hills Banana Tree Art Print | 8x10 Black Frame | Urban Outfitters
$80.99 | Chester End Table | Gold Metal Hexagon | Target
$18 | Small Dinosaur Planter | Rainforest Parasaurolophus | TwoTreesBotanicals
$59.99 | Ceramic Lamp with White Shade | Pink | Hobby Lobby

This pattern really lets you explore your wild side and not just with color, but with patterns too. I first found the pillow though after putting together a "room" I didn't feel a pillow alone did it any justice. I thought outside of the box and went for a retro funky feel with the pattern and brought it up to the wall. From there I pulled colors from the print to bring together the accessories. By going with this style I feel I can represent the print in multipule pieces within the room without it seeming like too much. 

Hope you all like what I put together and become inspired to add this retro pattern into your design plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...